Ditch the Pillow
So when is the time to ditch your pillow?
I have a friend who has a pillow and it doesn’t even look like a pillow anymore. It looks like a ball. It’s gray and ragged. I don’t think some people give much thought to the pillows in their bed or when they should ditch them. Pillows are like an after thought. A forgone conclusion. How sad! Pillows are important! When you consider that we spend about half our lives sleeping, all of a sudden it places a new importance on our pillows and our bed for that matter. And hey, let’s not forget that we need to change our sheets from time to time ok?
So when do you ditch the pillow? Well, here are a few guidelines to help you determine that:
- a pillow that’s become flat and won’t bounce back.
- is your pillow falling apart? Stuffing coming out? Seems ripping? Becoming bunchy?
- if your therapeutic pillow just isn’t working anymore, ditch your pillow. In other words, perhaps it’s lost it’s oomph and it needs to be ditched!
- buying a new mattress? Do yourself a favor and ditch the pillow and buy a new one too.
- I think replacing your pillow at every six months is realistic.
Not having proper support can be a pain. So consider ditching the pillow, and doing it fast, for a better night’s sleep and a more productive day. Bed should be a wonderful place to crawl into at the end of a day. Clean, not overly worn sheets, a good supportive mattress, and good pillows, are keys to a great rest. And I should say that you don’t have to spend tons of money on a good supportive pillow after you ditch your pillow. Honestly, Kohl’s, HomeGoods, and Target all carry firm pillows.